Saturday, February 14, 2015

Progress Update - February 15th 2015



I have just posted my research paper MCP503 Introduction, Outline & Bibliography.
It can found found here: http://transartcebtransart.blogspot.com/2015/02/mcp503-intro.html

I posted a journal entry on my research process / progress on February 6th.
That can be found here: http://transartcebtransart.blogspot.com/2015/02/journal-entry-friday-february-6-2015_6.html

I had a Guidance Committee Meeting plus Research Advisor meeting via Skype on February 11th.


Advisor meeting report - Wednesday February 11th at 10am EST (3pm GMT)
via Skype

10am – 10.30am – Guidance Committee Meeting with
Laura Gonzales (Studio Advisor) and Laura Bissell (Research Advisor)

During the guidance committee meeting, we discussed the basic outline for this spring semester.
I am currently on an artist retreat at the John Cage Memorial Park, Chance on Deal Island, MD where I am working on my research.
In March I will return to North Carolina and have arranged to work with a group of  art students from Warren Wilson College who are interested in including performance art as part of their weekly after-school art club. I will be facilitating an eight-week introductory course to performance art, where I will guide them through a syllabus that includes Definition, History & Context, Physical Preparation, Creative Response & Interaction and Assignments & New Work. It will culminate in a showing of student work developed in the workshop sessions.
We discussed how this process will be a merging of my studio and research practices.
Laura G suggested that I should look into the Action Research process, as she thought I would find it helpful.

10.30am – 11am – Research Advisor meeting with Laura Bissell.

Laura and I discussed possibilities for approaching my research paper.
I was rather apprehensive about it, but she was very reassuring and encouraged me to keep it simple, clear and concise. She supported my inclination towards wanting to keep my narrative as a personal perspective – as I don’t feel equipped to present my thoughts, ideas and discoveries in any other way.

And that concludes my progress report for this month!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment