Tuesday, October 13, 2015

OCTOBER 15th 2015 - ADVISOR MEETING REPORT

I consider myself as extremely blessed to have the opportunity of having Linda M Montano as my Studio Advisor for this year.
As my current project & process is very much in the realm of Life-As-Art / Art-As-Life, Linda suggested - & we have both agreed - that we approach the work as "Life".
We have been conducting our correspondence in an on-going series of meetings & communications.
Linda's comments & observations have been personally challenging to me.
She has been noting aspects of the (my) Self coming through in the work - my body / actions - my interactions with materials (mainly in nature) - dealing with issues of aggression & anger, questioning if my motives are transgressive.
This has caused me to examine my motives & intentions - also to create arguments in their defence & of the resulting work. Also to find context for my arguments within the world of body-art & performance.
She has also noted that my recent trial-&-error experimentations with text come across to her as being true to myself - so I will continue to pursue this aspect of the work with honesty.
Another observation Linda made is that my photography of nature seems to ground & center me .... which, on considering this point, is very accurate.
..... In terms of creating a "piece" - very little has been discussed so far in terms of thinking towards any kind of finished product (due to the exploratory nature of this stage of the project & our agreed approach towards it) .... however, Linda did echo my thoughts on combining text, video & images in an installation format.

No comments:

Post a Comment