Sunday, October 4, 2015

Two "Body Studies"

"Body Study #1" & "Body Study #2" will be included in the RAW - (Material) series.

These video-sketch journal entries return to where I left off after "#0: Ground Zero" - my performance at Somos Gallery, Berlin where I literally stripped everything down to the raw material of the Self - Body & Psyche.

These Body Studies are an interrogation.

Continuing with the flash light beam theme (from the performance) - I am interrogating myself to ask
"so now that you have stripped down - what are you?" 

In "Body Study #1 - Body Parts" - I am answering that question on the most basic physical level.
"I am my hands, I am my arms, I am my feet, I am my legs, I am my head, I am my back, I am my breasts ...." etc etc

In "Body Study #2 - Body Folding" - I feel like I want to fold in on myself under the scrutiny of this interrogation. I am aware that, in folding up one area of the body, I am exposing another. I keep folding over & over, again & again, one body part folding over another.

Please click on the TWO video links below ....
Both of the videos are totally raw, unedited footage - there is a lot of blank space & much material that will be cut altogether. Please feel free to fast forward through sections of them.


Body Study #1 – Body Parts
date – September 30 2015
location – Tozer Dance Studios, Hockerwood Farm, Nottinghamshire
camera – tripod set-up

Body Study #2 – Body Folding
date – September 30 2015
location – Tozer Dance Studios, Hockerwood Farm, Nottinghamshire
camera – tripod set-up



.................

No comments:

Post a Comment