Sunday, April 10, 2016

APRIL 15 - STUDIO ADVISOR REPORT

Studio Advisor Meeting - with Linda Montano - Sunday April 10th

Linda was mainly concerned with talking about my project dissemination and wanted to make sure I felt confident with what and how I will present my work.

Dissemination of the RAW-(Material) project is multi-faceted and includes the pedagogical method, live performance, video screening and an installation of the process as a journal.
We talked about the live performance aspect of the showing. I will be working with a musical collaborator in presenting a number of short Sound & Movement pieces. They will be in-the-moment compositions based on the raw materials I have been working with during the project and the vocabulary developed through those interactions. I thought about perhaps involving the audience by having them select particular materials (eg - a rock, a leaf, a branch etc) that each piece will be based on. Linda agreed that this would be a nice mode of structuring the performance.

Linda had some comments to make in regards to specific works I have been sending her over the past couple of weeks - I have regularly been sending video links and images to her & she has been responding via e-mail with her immediate impressions as soon as she has seen the work.
She often surprises me with what she has to say about the work, so I never quite know what she's going to say when I send her something!
... She also wanted to talk about my movement backgrounds & techniques - encouraging me to keep delving deeper into exploring myself for something un-trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment