Saturday, March 14, 2015

Studio Advisor meeting 3.13.15


Studio Advisor meeting with Laura Gonzales – via Skype
Friday March 13 2015
8.30am EST (12.30pm GMT)

My concerns for discussion in this meeting were:
1. The final Studio project and what form it should take.
2. My up-coming workshop series with art students at Warren Wilson College.

My final project will be a completed Pedagogy for Performance Art that includes a body-based approach to developing performance as well as contextualizing Performance Art within contemporary art history.
We discussed ideas for presenting this as a syllabus, a journal, a zine, a blog site – all things to consider.

I will be conducting a workshop series for six weeks with an after-school art club group of students at Warren Wilson (a private liberal arts college in NC). We will have two hours per week – however, due to scheduling issues I may not have all the students present for every session – so we have decided to extend the course to include inter-active social media participation.
Laura & I discussed ways of making this work by creating a structure for the syllabus that would be solid enough to absorb the chaos!
My idea for the theme is “Place, Space, Site: real & virtual spaces” – Laura challenged me to research & think about potential meanings of this concept & to be well equipped to deal with a myriad of possibilities.

Laura also planted the seed in my mind o think about what I want to focus on next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment